The Snowflake generator is a program that generates 3D Snowflakes meshes using a hexagonal cellular automata.
Snowflakes can be exported in OBJ and STL file formats. It also supports an experimental SVG export.
This program is available in the Donors version of Incendia.
- Hexagonal, The initial seed and the automaton are hexagonal.
- Triangular, The initial seed and the automaton are triangular.
- Random at init, The seed is randomly chosen between the triangular and the hexagonal configuration.
- Random while running, The automaton type varies randomly between the hexagonal and the triangular configuration while running.
Play Pause Buttons
The following buttons and controls let you define the various parameters for the snowflake mesh export.
- Wall Length, Defines the thickness of the snowflake, that is, the distance between both faces of the snowflake.
- Surface Height, Defines how much extruded is the snowflake face. A value of 0 will produce a flat snowflake face.
- Cell value, the current value of the cell is used.
- Gradient (Cell), a gradient function is applied to the cell value.
- Gradient Fold, like gradient (cell), but with a fold limit applied.
- Exp (Cell), An exponential function is applied to the cell value.
- Average (Cells), The cell value is averaged with the neighbor cells.
- Average Fold, Like the average cells, but with a fold limit applied.
- Average Gradient Fold, The cell value is averaged with the neighbor cells, then a gradient is applied and the final result has a fold limit.
- Sin (Cell), A sine function is applied to the cell value.
- Divide, the cell value is the result of current cell between the neighbor cells.
- Triangles Only, The snowflake is exported as a set of solid filled triangles.
- Lines Only, Instead of triangles, the snowflake is exported as lines.
- Both, The snowflake is exported in both format, triangles and lines.
You can open the SVG file on graphic programs such as Inkscape or in a Web browser.
Example Mesh Output
The following meshes are in both OBJ and STL format. All files are compressed with 7zip.