Gradient and Textures Tutorial
This Tutorial is a continuation of the Gradient Tutorial. Be sure to have read the previous tutorial in order to continue with this one.
The main scope of the tutorial is the combination between the surface textures and the new gradient feature of Incendia EX.
Enabling the Surface Textures
- Change the Panel option from Vector to Points. This will help you to visualize how the colors and textures will looks.
- Enable the Use Surface Texture control.
- Use the Load Texture button in order to load texture file. Select the Floor1.bmp texture.
Changing the Color Blend Mode
- Change the Color Blend Mode from addition to multiplication (you can also test other values). For more information about color blends, check the Color Blend Modes page.
The Multiplication Color Blending option
- Once the multiplication mode is selected, the texture color will closely match the gradient color.
- Go to the baseshape editor Controls Tab.
- Rotate the sphere with the trackball control, so the texture will look more interesting.
- Close the Baseshape Editor.
The Final Result
- In the Render Panel, select the Advanced Section.
- Now you can change the Color Blend Mode to multiplication.
- Press the Preview button to get the final result.